November 2, 2009

Heather - Day 3

Hi everyone! I hope you are inspired as much as I am by Heather's cards! Check out this unique card:




Believe or not the pretty blue pieces of paper on this card are from business envelopes! If that is not creative, I don't know what is! One thing I really love about Heather's cards is so many of her creations have a quilting influence. Nothing can compare to the warmth and homespun feelings evoked by quilts. How fun to use these wonderful patterns and colors on our cards!



Here is my take on Heather's card:





See you tomorrow!

Supplies

Stamps: Sentiment and Quilt Blocks (Papertrey Ink.); Ink: Black Ink (Stampin' Up), Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Other: Edge Distresser (Making Memories), Watercolor Pencils (Stampin' Up), Misc. Thread and Cardstock

4 comments :

Virginia L. said...

Glad that you highlighted Heather's card! Fabulous take!

Nancy said...

wow, I love the paper meets quilting theme today! Heather's card is so creative and precise. I love how you used color in your version...wonderful inspiration yet again!

Lynda Pleckan (Joyfulstamper) said...

I've been wanting to try using quilting patterns in my stamping, as I did quilt many long years ago, and love the look. Love Heather's colors and design, and your log cabin version is very nice! Think I just might try this!!

Heather Maria said...

Oh my goodness this is one of my early cards - I still had (and have!) a lot to learn. Jill your card is adorable. I love the quilt blocks and the beautiful colours you used. The sentiment goes perfectly with a warm cozy quilt - love it!