April 9, 2010

Donna *Day 5*

Happy Friday everyone! I hope you're ready for some major cuteness--here is our last inspiration card from the uber talented Donna:

I'm completely in awe of Donna's coloring skills. I *LOVE* the way she can bring an image to life with her markers and color choices! The polka dot backgrounds are so fun on all of these cute cards! I love the bright bold colors and smooth blending! Finally, the touch of yellow on the inside of the circle really rounds out this stunner!
Here is my take:I want to thank Donna again for allowing me to share her work on my blog. She is a huge inspiration to me and it has been a priveledge to post some of her cards here! Make sure you continue to check out her BLOG and PHOTOSTREAM for lots more eye candy!
Have a wonderful weekend, my blogging friends, and I will see you on Monday with our next one-of-a-kind "Inspired by..." stamper!
Supplies---Stamps: All Stamps Hero Arts ( K5314, CL351, CG139); Ink: VersaMark, Distress Ink (Tim Holtz/Ranger), Black Ink (Stampin' Up); Other: Pearls (Recollections), Butterfly Punch (Fiskars), Die Cut (Nestabilities), Dimensional Adhesive (Thermo O Web), Misc. Embroidery Floss, White Cardstock (Xerox), White Embossing Powder (JoAnn's Craft Essentials)

22 comments :

Sanne said...

Wow Jill - you did so well here!!!! I have just ordered that nestabilities - great shape!!!!
Your dot-backround is stunning in those colors - fantastic week!!!!

donna mikasa said...

Oooh, you ended with my favorite embossing technique Love your Nesties, too! I love how our cards match your blog! What a great way to end the week, Jill! Thanks for sharing your inspirational work! You ROCK!!

CinnamonSally said...

I haved loved looking at this weeks "inspired by" fantastic cards by you both. Love these cute images that Donna has used and she always colours them so brilliantly. Great Cards!!

Deirdre said...

Love Donna's style too... .great cards by both of you.

Kathy (krolski) said...

Your card is so adorable! I love the shape, the colors and the subtle ferns in the background. Donna is a the queen of copics! Her cards always amaze me!

Dotty Jo said...

What a lovely week! Jo x

Barb said...

Such a great week, Jill! It was so fun seeing what you came up with from Donna's awesome talent!I love these cards today!

Agata said...

This is such a great take on Donna's beautiful and sweet cards! Love all of them!

Pat Castillo said...

I don't comment on EVERY card you post but there are some that are just beyond amazing! And I LOVE this card! Absolutely adorable!!!

Virginia L. said...

Love the shape card! Absolutely DARLING!!

Jane said...

I had a good scroll down and just DROOLED! LOVE LOVE Donna!!! The two of you totally ROCK! GORGEOUS cards!!!
hugs

Lucy Abrams said...

Wow - another FAB card Jill, love the way you've used the inspiration here Such happy colours too. Great distress ink usage. :)

Alice said...

your take on Donna's cards is fabulous! really pretty and those dotty backgrounds are some of my favorites of Donna's creation!! =) Have a lovely weekend, my friend! =)

Anonymous said...

A wonderful week it has been! Thanks ladies for all the eye-candy, absolutely delicious, and I have enjoyed every morsel!
marilynv19

Els said...

Hi, Jill! Gorgeous colors you've picked today and I love the subtle background!

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful week of yumminess! Got to re-visit some of Donna's wonderful portfolio and then to see you create something equally as beautiful! What a treat!

Vanessa said...

Super take on super cards! Love them!

Kelly Booth said...

Hi Jill...Loved seeing all your Fab cards Inspired by Donna this week!!! Donna is an Inspiration to us all and your cards were just perfect!!! Hugs!!

Nancy said...

Jill, what wonderful joy on display today. Donna just makes those little people come alive, she truly is masterful with design and color. Your card is simply a delight, the shape gives it so much charm and personality.
I'm sorry I've been MIA this week, I just got caught up with your posts and as usual I'm amazed by your work!
blessings sweet Jill,
nancy

Tiffany Ervin said...

Love this! I love that flower die and the stamping of the long leaves slightly against the edge of the circles looks so elegant! What a great week this has been Jill!

Heather Maria said...

Loved seeing Donna's cards and your cards inspired by her! Wonderful creations all round!

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Great card from both of you! Sorry I'm late!