April 8, 2011

Inspired by...Sally, Day 4

Happy Friday!!! Hope everyone has had a great week. I'm looking forward to a fun weekend of shopping, chatting, and Copic coloring with my good friends Lisa and Peggy as we head to Phoenix for Copic Certification class. But, on a sad note, I'm sorry to report that this is our last day of inspiration with the sweet and talented Sally. Be sure to check her BLOG and PHOTOSTREAM to keep tabs on her newest creations! Here's Sally's inspiration card for today:
Sally's warm, rich flower just glows against the pale, subtle background. The layers of the flower give create great dimension and those pearls make the perfect center. Sally has also done a beautiful job of lightly stamping the white background with the soft tan color. This adds to the overall feel of the card without distracting from her beautiful floral focal point. Finally, that lace is PERFECT on this gorgeous creation! Here is my take:
I stamped the flower (Hero Arts CG287) two times and colored with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Stamper's Big Brush Markers. I cut out the flowers (cutting one flower a bit smaller than the first) and adhered them together with pop dots. The leaves (Hero Arts CG148) were colored with Stamper's Big Brush Markers. The fabric background stamp (Hero Arts) was stamped on white cardstock with Hero Hues Soft Sand ink. The sentiment panel was distressed with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink and stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. (Hero Arts CL434). Thanks so much for your visits this week! Be sure to stop by this weekend as I will have a peek inside my sketchbook on Sunday--it's one of my favorites! :) HUGS and happy stamping!

10 comments :

Heidi said...

Beautiful cards.

Unknown said...

Oh my! Both cards are stunning! Sally's is jaw-droppingly gorgeous. I love your take on her card, Jill. The background is so soft and pretty!

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely stamping and colouring from you girls - yep, it's been a great week! Jo x

Lin said...

You know how I love me my flowers! These are both gorgeous!

Barb said...

This was such a great week with Sally! Loved each day! These cards today are both so gorgeous! Have fun this weekend, Jill!

Ayana Posadas said...

Sooo gorgeous! Both cards are incredibly stunning.
I hope you have a GREAT weekend, Jill!

Tiffany Ervin said...

I like how tidy your flower layer is! It's so clean and neat, and then you have the lovely open space of the entire card, perfect!

Chelsea said...

Love you guy's 3D flowers. These are stunning!

Vicky said...

Such a pretty card! That background is so beautiful and I like the pale color of it. Helps that beautiful flower to really pop !!!

CinnamonSally said...

Another fabulous card Jill, love the vivid flower!