March 21, 2012

Inspired by...Gina *Day 4*

I love Gina's cards so much I just had to sneak in another one this week. :)  Check out this beautiful creation of hers:
I was especially inspired by her earthy colors and the addition of that pretty doily!
Here's my take:
The flower and butterflies (Penny Black 30-095 Flower Festival) were stamped with VersaFine Onyx Black ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.  They were then colored with Copics.  The backgrounds were inked with the following Distress Inks: Tea Dye, Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade, and Gathered Twigs. Sentiment by Penny Black 30-105 Gratitude.

See you soon- I've got some beautiful projects created by my niece, mom, and sister-in-law to share in my next post. :)

14 comments :

Barb said...

Amazing colors! Gorgeous cards from both of you!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Incredible!!

Gina Alferez said...

Oh Jill I really like this one! you hit it out of the park!

Gina Alferez said...

By the way, this card was inspired by a card you had created and made a video which I watched and loved. http://stampinginspiredby-tutorials.blogspot.com/2011/10/pb-canvas-with-collage-stamps.html Your video is the reason I bought the stamp :-)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Really amazing work from both of you!!

Jeanne J. said...

Oh gosh Jill -Your coloring on this is just so striking - the blue hydrangea just pops off the page! GORGEOUS!

Conniecrafter said...

Both cards are just gorgeous, you both have such lovely coloring!

Brenda said...

These are both beautiful Jill! Love the combination of orange and then that bright blue!

marshy said...

wow...what poppin colors. And how crazy, a card of yours inspired her which in turn inspired you!

marshy said...

so what are and how are the doilies made
Hugs marge

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Jill. You always make my day happy when I come to visit.

Katie said...

LOVE those cards, great job--both of you

Paula (PEP) said...

The way your rounded corners echo the doily edges is lovely & the hydrangea head picks up on the doily edge too - especially with the way you have added those white accents. Very effective indeed.
Looking forward to seeing your family's projects too.
Paula (PEP)

Jill said...

Hi Marge,

Thanks for the comments! The doily on my card is a die cut from Tim Holtz/Sizzix called Distressed Doily.

Hope this helps!
Hugs, Jill