February 12, 2014

Exploring Mixed Media, 5 of 6

Today I have for you a pair of mixed media tags featuring Penny Black's newest stencils (25-004 Sun Catcher and 25-002 Flower Dance) and coordinating stamps (40-323 Poppy Time).
IMG_1346
To create this tag, I first stamped my image using Ranger Archival Ink.  Then I layed my stencil over the stamped image and applied Distress Paint through the stencil to color in my image.  Once dry, I added Distress Ink to the background using an ink blending tool and foam applicator.  The coloring on the flower was not affected because the paint acts as a resist.  I flicked Picket Fence Distress Stain combined with water onto the background.  Finally, I roughed up the edges, embellished, and added my sentiment. (All stamps and Creative Dies by Penny Black.)

IMG_1348
For this next tag I first applied Picket Fence Distress Paint through my stencil and onto my tag.  Once dry, I added Distress Ink using an ink blending tool and foam applicator.  The paint acts as a resist.  I also splattered this tag with Picket Fence Distress Stain. (All stamps and Creative Dies by Penny Black.)

Thanks so much for your visit today!!